[Sunday Catch Up is a weekly post where I look at the week in review]
This is my very first Sunday Catch Up post! This post is inspired by the many recap posts that nearly everyone is now doing (I love it!). These posts will recap the week on Miss Book Reviews as well as have anything else book related that I may wish to share; for example:
Book News: Where I will post interesting book related news that happened in the week.
Interesting Posts: Where I will link to interesting book related posts that I found in the book blogosphere.
MBR News: Where I will spill the secrets of Miss Book Reviews – Or inform you of new happenings.
Other News: Any news to do with anything!
This week was a quiet week for me in regards to posts going live. I was actually planning and sorting out some sort of schedule that I would like to follow from now on because I have a ton of reviews to get up but I want to mix up my posts with discussions and possibly other features or meme’s. I just have so many ideas that won’t form into words!
With winter nearly upon us here in New Zealand it looks like I will have more time on my hands than I did in the summer; meaning more time to write, brainstorm, comment and research for posts!
This week in review:
Discussion: Oh you invisible eBooks! (Not really considered this week but…)
Review Request: A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest
Feature & Follow
- One huge lot of book news this week is that Veronica Roth released the title for book 3 in the Divergent series! So exciting! I have yet to read Insurgent because I didn’t want to painstakingly wait for book 3 to be published but now I’m thinking I will just have to deal; I’m going to read Insurgent very soon. Want to know book 3’s title? Highlight this: Allegiant.<<<
- The Catching Fire teaser trailer was released. And wow. The emotions that arose in me while watching this were just… Well. Hopelessness. I felt an overwhelming sadness. The movie itself looks like it’s going to be awesome. I just love Jennifer Lawrence! What do you think of the teaser trailer?
- The trailer for the new Romeo and Juliet Movie was released. I’ve only just heard about this movie actually and I have to say the trailer makes it look like a very dramatic, serious and epic film. I love that they didn’t modernize it. I also have to admit the language isn’t lost on me like Shakespeare usually is *Hangs head in shame*. What do you think of this movie? Do you prefer the modernized movie made in 1996 with Leonardo Di Caprio? Would you see this new Romeo and Juliet in theatres?
- Seriously though; from watching the trailer I really want to see this adaptation if only to see the performances. Hailee Steinfeld (Juliet) looks rather young but I’m interested in seeing how she does. I saw her in True Grit, which I believe was her breakout film, and I liked her so I’m excited to see her in this. From looking at her IMDB page she is in HOT demand! So many up and coming projects. She obviously impressed other people in hollywood too.
- And just after looking at Hailee Steinfeld‘s credentials I just realised she’s playing Petra in the Enders Game movie adaptation! I can be pretty slow sometimes…
I have to say that trailers always get me when they have a strong soundtrack. Every single one of those trailers I mentioned above have very strong soundtracks, the music sounds epic and just awesome. I find strong music in trailers make me feel emotional, even if it’s not a heart breaking video! Does anyone else feel that or am I just weird?…
In other news: Right now there’s a thunder storm outside that makes me want to switch off all of the lights and curl up in bed under the covers where I know I will be safe. Well at least I will feel safe.
I quite like thunder and lightning storms, we don’t get very bad ones in New Zealand so there’s never (well very rarely) any danger. They’re thrilling; when you’re not home alone or the only one left awake…
Which I am. Right now.
I’m the only person left awake in the house. Thunder storms can feel kind of scary when you’re experiencing it alone. Especially when the thunder is so loud it shakes the house. Which just happened. Maybe I take back my statement about liking thunder storms… Does anyone else feel the same way about this? No? Ahhh man.